Please consider making a monthly, annual or one time donation to Essence Wigs Charity which will allow us to provide wigs to cancer patients and individuals experiencing hair loss due to serious medical conditions. You can opt to make a monthly, annual or one time donation to support our ongoing charitable and giving efforts of providing wigs to children and adults living with cancer.
We accept monetary donations via credit card with paypal and google pay. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and other card issuers are accepted. You do not need to have a PayPal account to make a donation.
You may also mail your donation in if you wish. Essence Wigs Charity is a charitable organization. Items purchased in our store cannot be considered a donation; Only donations made in this portion of the website are classified as a donation. Click on any photo on this page to make a donation.
We will be updating this section in 2021 with instructions for hair donations and our wig application if you are a seeking candidate.
Guidelines for Hair Donations
- Hair should be a minimum of 12 inches (unstretched)
- We only accept kinky, afro or tightly curled hair textures. We may be able to accept dreadlocks donations but please contact first.
- Since we deal solely with kinky or afro textured hair types, hair does not need to be received in a ponytail or braid. Hair can be shaved or cut with scissors in free hand. If it is easier for you to cut in sections, you may do so.
- Hair must be thoroughly cleansed and deep conditioned before cutting or shaving and sending to us. If you are unsure about types of hair products that you can use please reach out to us at [email protected]
- Hair with semi permanent or temporary hair coloring is accepted, however, natural color is preferred.
- We do not accepted permed hair or hair whose texture has been altered with chemicals and processing, i.e. curly perms, texturizers, straight perms. The hair must be naturally kinky or curly.
- When packaging and sending, you may bundle and secure the hair using ouchless hair bands. Place the hair into a Ziploc bag that is large enough for your hair length. You may place a label or sticker with your name inside the package. If you wish to remain anonymous you may leave your package without a name.
- Please do not send wet hair, as it molds and will be discarded. Hair must be properly air-dried or blow dried.
Please consider sending in a financial donation in addition to help with the cost and services for creation of a wig with your donated hair. The cost of making or providing our wigs, services and replacements to individuals in need can range up to $1500 per individual.
Applying for a Wig
We will be accepting applications for individuals undergoing chemo or experiencing hair loss due to serious medical conditions who also demonstrate financial need. The wig you will receive will be similar to your hair texture or you have the choice to select from other afro, kinky or curly textures. We ensure that our wigs will fit your head, are comfortable and are enclosed.
Check back in February when our formal application form will be available.
- Can be an adult or child
- Must be experiencing hair loss as a result of chemotherapy, trichotillomania or burns.This must be officially notated by your caregiver who will need to submit our form that you are in need of a wig due to a medical condition.
- Will need to submit 3-4 pictures of yourself showcasing your natural hair before your diagnosed medical condition.
- Submit completed Hair Unit application forms which requires proof of financial need. Please select the appropriate form for child or adult.